Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing 1: Set Up Your Blog

Despite an underwhelming enthusiam for thing 1, I think it is started. The blog itself was not too difficult, after getting quite frustrated with Google (almost enough to switch to Firefox [or is it Foxfire?]. The avatar, on the other hand, was a real pain. Ignoring the advice to read the instructions, I made numerous attempts to use a picture I had scanned - not a good idea. Thanks to a fellow department worker, I did find the instructions. Following these proved to work but also be close to as high-blood pressure creation as my first attempt. Yahoo Avatars website was extremely slow and sporatic as far as displaying the extremely numerous options. I eventually gave up and tried at home on my antiquated dial-up. Success at last!

[Only problem was there was not an option for a cigar]

No comments: