Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thing 16. Student 2.0 Tools

Hooray, a thing I can get enthusiastic about! Looking through both Research Project Calculator (RPC) and Assignment Calculator they both had what looked like useful features. While AC seemed distinctly more robust than RPC, it seems like either could be used to help get through paper/project assignments. I did like the various links in AC to access both primary sources (ie grammar usage) and finding aids (ie library catalogs).

For a hoot, I tried setting up an email alert on RPC. Am looking forward to receiving them just to see how they look and impact me. Also got me thinking that a potentially useful enhancement would be to provide for multiple email alerts (ie to teachers and/or parents)

Lets hope all students will soon have high speed internet access

No comments: